Gallery Manager Opening
The International Gallery of Contemporary Art (IGCA) is a nonprofit gallery dedicated to showing new works in visual and interdisciplinary arts by both local and international artists. As a nonprofit organization our goal is to provide an opportunity for artists to explore and experiment without a burden of profit.
The manager is the main liaison between the board and the arts community (exhibiting artists, gallery members, and the Anchorage arts community in general).
Prior gallery and/or management experience is preferred but not required. We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about the local arts, and interested in continuing the legacy of our gallery.
The gallery manager's typical tasks are:
- Exhibition coordination, assistance, and scheduling
- General PR including newsletter, press releases and social networking
- General gallery maintenance
- Gallery volunteer coordination
- Management of studio space rentals
- Point of contact for the gallery: Should be present at events and responsible for communication with members and community
- Attend and present monthly at board meetings
Based on past experience the manager's duties require approximately 12 hours a week, although the schedule (with the exception of board meetings and events) is very flexible.
This is a contracted position; compensation to the manager will be made monthly with an annual salary of $12,000
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
We will be accepting resumes through March 23rd with interviews to follow.